Friday, April 24, 2015


Do not litter!








Littering can hurt people, animals, and plants. So many critters get stuck in cans and bottles and starve to death. Also 80% of all litter is food packaging! Plus every year millions of birds and sea animals die from litter. And if that’s not enough every year little children get hurt or cut on litter and need medical attention. If we don’t do something then numbers will only grow. However, these shocking facts can be changed, and this world will be a cleaner, happier,   environment.

But that’s not all even more than you think is going on. When people litter it can harm or stunt plant growth. And every year in Pennsylvania alone thousands of vehicles get into accidents accrue because of litter. Plus litter is unsanitary and can cause people to become dangerously ill. Birds get stuck in litter and can’t fly away from danger, so, if you are a bird lover, pick up litter. See? So many more things are happening than you might think! Would you call me crazy if I said that’s not all?

Despite all these problems you can help. You can teach kids and adults not to litter. You can set up or attend to a community clean-up. You can randomly pick up trash and litter on your block or around your neighbor-hood. You could start an event to raise money for litter clean-up. These are some of the many ways you can help stop litter. I think you should do at least one.

You can do things and I have been doing stuff too! I recycle a bunch and some times compost. I pick up litter around my community and neighbor-hood. I've warned people of litter so they don’t get hurt. I  also plan on going on a long walk to pick up litter. But even if I do things it would make more of a difference if you did some thing too!


I think that this is a huge deal that every one is involved in. This Problem is not only affecting the lives of today, but if we don’t do something it can affect the lives of the future. So pick up litter and save the children of the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment